Nowadays, more and more plant factories use LED growth lights instead of traditional plant lights. But do you know why they did this? This involves the features and advantages of LED growth lights, let’s see the details about them.
LED grow lights features
1. The effects of different wavelengths of light on plant photosynthesis are different.
The light required for photosynthesis in plants has a wavelength of about 400-700 nm. Light from 400-500 nm (blue) and 610-720 nm (red) contribute the most to photosynthesis.
2. Blue (470nm) and red (630nm) LEDs, just to provide the light required by the plant, so the ideal choice is to use these two color combinations. In terms of visual effects, the red and blue combination plant lights appear pink.
3. Blue light helps plant photosynthesis can promote green leaf growth, protein synthesis, fruit formation; red light can promote plant roots growth, help flowering results and prolong flowering, play a role in increasing yield!
4. LED plant lights red and blue LED ratio is generally between 4:1 – 9:1 is appropriate, usually 6-9:1.
5. When the plant light is used to fill lighting for the plant, the height of the blade is generally about 0.5-1 meters, and the continuous irradiation for 12-16 hours per day can completely replace the sunlight.
6. The effect is very significant, the growth rate is almost three times faster than the natural growth of plants.
7. Solve the lack of sunshine in the greenhouse in winter, promote the chlorophyll, anthocyanin, and carotene needed in plant photosynthesis, so that fruits and vegetables can be harvested 20% earlier, increase the yield of 3 to 50%, and improve the sweetness of fruits and vegetables. And reduce pests and diseases.
8. LED light source is also called semiconductor light source. This kind of light source has a relatively narrow wavelength and can emit light of a specific wavelength, so it can control the color of light. It can be used to improve plant varieties by using it alone.
9. LED plant growth lighting power is small, but the efficiency is very high because other lights emit full spectrum, that is, there are 7 colors, and plants only need red and blue light, so most of the traditional light Wasted, so the efficiency is extremely low. The LED plant growth light can emit the specific red and blue light that the plant needs, so the efficiency is extremely high. This is why the LED plant growth lighting has the power of several watts better than the tens of watts or even hundreds of watts of power.
The traditional sodium light spectrum lacks blue light, and the mercury light and the energy-saving light spectrum lack red light.
Therefore, the traditional lights fill light effect is much worse than the LED light, so the LED grow lights can save more than 90% of the energy.
The cost is greatly reduced.
Advantages of LED grow lights:
- 1. No need for a standard power outlet connector for the drive or cooling fan.
- 2. The environment where red and blue wavelengths are required for plant growth.
- 3. Compared with other general lighting equipment, the LED plant lighting line is mild and will not burn the seedling plants.
- 4. It can save 10%-20% of electricity bill compared to other plant lightings.
- 5. Blue light can promote the growth of plants, while red light causes plants to bloom.
You may also like: