Does the LED grow lights have an effect on plant growth? What role do they play in plant photosynthesis?
What is photosynthesis?
Photosynthesis refers to the process by which green plants use light energy to convert carbon dioxide and water into organic matter that stores energy and release oxygen through the chloroplast.
As we all know, plants need sunlight to grow lusher.
The effect of light on plant growth is to promote plant chlorophyll to absorb nutrients such as carbon dioxide and water, and to synthesize carbohydrates.
But modern science can make plants grow better in places without the sun.
People have mastered the inner principle of plants’ needs for the sun, that is, the photosynthesis of leaves. When photosynthesis of leaves requires external photons to complete the whole photosynthetic process.
The sun’s rays are a process of energizing photons. The artificial creation of light sources also allows plants to complete the photosynthetic process, and modern horticulture or plant factories combine light-filling technology or complete artificial light technology.
Scientists have found that the blue and red regions are very close to the efficiency curve of plant photosynthesis and are the best source of plant growth.
LED Grow Lights knowledge: What you should know about LED grow lights
- 1. The light of different wavelengths has different effects on plant photosynthesis. The light required for photosynthesis of plants has a wavelength of about 400-700 nm. Light from 400-500 nm (blue) and 610-720 nm (red) contribute the most to photosynthesis.
- 2. Blue (470nm) and red (630nm) LEDs just provide the light needed by the plant. Therefore, LED plant lights, the ideal choice is to use these two color combinations. In terms of visual effects, the red and blue combination plant lights appear pink.
- 3. Blue light promotes green leaf growth; red light contributes to flowering and prolongs flowering.
- 4. The ratio of red and blue LEDs of LED plant lights is generally between 4:1 and 9:1, usually 4-7:1.
- 5. When the plant light is used to fill the plant, the height of the blade is generally about 0.5m, and the continuous irradiation for 12-16 hours per day can completely replace the sunlight.
How to use LED lights to configure the most suitable source for plant growth?
Sunlight is composed of different colors of light, and different colors of light can have different effects on plant growth.
Proportional color lights make strawberries and tomatoes sweeter and more nutritious. Illuminating the holly seedlings with light is to imitate the photosynthesis of plants outdoors.
LED light source is also called semiconductor light source. This kind of light source has a relatively narrow wavelength and can control the color of light. It can be used to improve plant varieties by using it alone.
Holly’s best LED light source combination
We Vanql tested different holly seedlings using different LED sources, below are the test result:
- The holly seedlings in purple light have the highest growth, but the leaves are small, the roots are very shallow, and they are a malnourished look.
- The seedlings under the yellow light are not only short, but the leaves look lifeless.
- The holly growing under the mixed light of red and blue is the best, not only strong but also very developed. The red and blue bulbs of this LED source are configured in a 9:1 ratio.
9:1 red and blue light is most beneficial to plant growth
After this light source, the strawberry and tomato fruits are full, the content of sugar and vitamin C is obviously increased, and no hollow phenomenon occurs. Continuously irradiating for 12-16 hours a day, strawberries and tomatoes grown under such a light source will be better than ordinary greenhouse fruit.
LED plant growth lights can also be used to supplement light sources in plants during winter rainy weather.
Lamp holder: International standard E27/E26 structure
Voltage: AC AC120V~240V
Size: outer diameter: 62mm height: 95mm
Number of LEDs: 54 red with 6 blue or 6 high power 1W red with 1 high power 1W blue
Color: red, blue, pink
Luminous angle: 60-120 degrees
Scope of application: vegetable greenhouses, agriculture, and forestry
Energy consumption: 3-7W (relative to ordinary light bulbs, can save more than 95% of electricity costs)
Life expectancy: 30000-50000 hours
LED plant growth lamp adopts imported chip, low brightness, high light attenuation, high energy consumption, and high efficiency, promotes plant growth effect, has extremely low energy consumption and long life, etc.
It is incomparable to other ordinary fill light, widely used It can be used for lighting in plant cultivation places, etc., instead of sunlight, to supplement the indoor flowers, greenhouse vegetables, garden nurseries, etc. to encourage, adjust the flowering period, and maintain survival.
The fill light effect is absolutely superior to traditional plant fill light such as high-pressure sodium lamp, low-pressure sodium lamp, metal halide lamp, Philips plant fill light, rare earth plant fill light.
Want your plants to grow better? Welcome to contact us.
You may also like to read: